THE JEANNEAU ONE DESIGN 35
The JOD 35 was designed by Daniel Andrieu in 1991. The purpose was one design racing, also for companies and charter guests. The major event was the Tour de France a` la voile.The JOD was later replaced by the smaller Mumm 30
|Material of Hull||Polyglass|
|Material of Deck||Sandwich, foam|
|Time on Distance Jocker||644.7 / 720.0|
|Time on Time||0.9307 / 0.9375|
|Crewwheight for ORC Club Jocker||450||kg|
- Fantastic single handed boat (with ballast tanks)
- rock solid, undestroyable
- still looks cool,
- massive shrouts (8.5 mm ROD)
- super fun in big waves, uphill and downhill
- very easy to handle and forgiving
- rewarding to sail
- space below deck for many girlfriends
JOD 35 -
- does not point as high as boats with runners, with jibsheet barbers much better
- kite could be bigger, now I have a big gennaker
- needs some crew on the rail, without tanks
I bought Jocker in late 2008 in Valencia / Spain. When I saw her picture on the internet, I instantly fell in love, especially because of her nice paintjob on the hull.
Jocker was previously owned by my friend Jaime de Muller who is a naval architect. Have a look at his cool VLC 35 at http://www.mulleryachts.com/B2.htm
Here you can see him and his family on JOCKER
Before Jaime painted JOCKER, she was sailing under the Name MANZANA VERDE (green apple) - a matter of taste, if you like a green hull....
Manzana Verde won the race Huelva - La Gomera and subsequently was sailed quite successfully by Jaime and his crew. Hope I can do it as well...